1992 Honda Civic VX

Show off your project or maybe a sweet project you found somewhere else.
muha22752

1992 Honda Civic VX

Post by muha22752 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:19 am

Welcome to this cluster f*ck I call the beater. I picked this thing up from some guy off of 370 for about 2k in 2015. Pretty happy with it over all, but its got a long way to go to. When I picked this thing up, it had a bad water pump, radiator, and pretty much every other part of the cooling system was garbage. So that was replaced. The AC was in the car, but who needs AC anyway? (not me) I pulled the AC and replaced the timing belt along with the water pump and other cooling ish. Installed a new radiator with some interesting supports. (Pics will be up eventually) Now that was all really just upkeep that I had to catch up on because the previous owner gave as many f*cks about this thing as Trump does your moms cherrypie. Once this thing was drivable I used it for a daily while my STi sat in the garage. In 2016 I moved out to Denver for work and the Civic came with me, the STi did not (SOLD) ;)

So I have been living in Denver for just over a year now and the Civic has slowly evolved into this thing. (Pics l8r) My long term goal for this car is to turn it into an all purpose track car. I will be able to do everything from rallycross to 24 Hours of Lemons. Now that being said, this is going to be a long term project. Below is a list of changes that have made to the beater (Thus far) to get it ready.

Engine is a B18C (SiR) (Previous owner did this)
Suspension is a mish-mash of Honda and Acura parts. (GSR springs and struts)
Full size radiator
Porterfield brakes on all 4 corners (Still has discs in the rear) - :( :(
poorly fitting exhaust that drones like a MF (Ear plugs help)
one HID, cause the drivers side killed 4 ballasts even after rewiring everything twice. (No F*cks given anymore)
Some weird as wheels that look awesome imho

And as I sit here at my desk at work, I realize I have no good pictures of this thing. (Pics coming soon)

muha22752

Re: 1992 Honda Civic VX

Post by muha22752 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:32 am

On a side note, f*ck photobucket, its going to take me weeks to transfer all that shit to FB.
Phate

Post by Phate » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:15 pm

muha22752 wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:32 am
On a side note, f*ck photobucket, its going to take me weeks to transfer all that shit to FB.
hahah awesome man. You can also just upload all the photos here if you have them saved on your pc. How's the snow in Denver?
stolle
Site Admin

Post by stolle » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:21 pm

That awesome man, thanks for coming over!
muha22752

Post by muha22752 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:45 pm

Yah most of the pics are on my cell phone, I don't have a working PC anymore, just my work laptop, but I'll get it figured out.

Snow in Denver is really not bad at all. And the beater does great in the snow. Hoping to do some ice racing this year, we'll see how that goes.